fbpx

Not Your Traditional Wall Street Persona ...

Caleb Lawrence is a registered investment advisor offering research driven personalized investment management services.
Contact Caleb today to start a discussion

Hello & Welcome.

While traditional long-term buy and hold investing works very well in a cyclical bull market, the last one ended in early 2000. The current bear market cycle has yet to complete. Bear markets require an active, as opposed to passive, investment management strategy. Strategies that are designed to capitalize on the ever-shifting investment opportunities available. The famous Ibbotson Study on asset allocation showed that 91.5% of a portfolio’s investment return was attributable to the allocation model used, the other 8.5% was put down to luck, timing and investment selection.

In order for this to be true, and it is, you have to have 30-40 years. Coincidentally this is enough time to go through a complete bull/bear market cycle. Most folks don’t get serious about saving and investing for their future until their late 40’s or early 50’s, and basic asset allocation says age and fixed income should choose conservative investments. I take issue with this particular philosophy.

If interested, please contact me to discuss your unique situation.

Best regards,

Caleb Lawrence

Caleb Lawrence

Registered Investment Adviser

5321 Scotts Valley Drive
Suite #202
Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Toll Free: (888) 742-4744
Local: (831) 334-5318

After nearly 19 years of live radio it was time to move on to new projects. My daily economic update can still be found on my Blog and the I-Tunes and Google Play stores as a podcast. Or you can call my office 831-334-5318 and take advantage of my still “free” after 20+ years initial consultation.  Usually about an hour, will have an opportunity to get to know each other better and address your specific concerns on a one to one basis.

Financial News // Share the Wealth

Averages Struggle

Volatile early trade gives way to small gains to begin the week. Consumer credit handily beats expectations on credit card use.

read more

Broken Support

Stocks plunge again for the week. November employment report misses with 155,000 new jobs, unemployment rate unchanged at 3.7%. Hours worked slip.

read more

Markets Mixed

The arrest of Huawei’s CFO spooked the markets to large early losses and threatens to escalate the trade war. The major averages finished the day mixed.

read more